CommUnityCare Website Redesign

Creating a unique site tailored for an equitable healthcare organization.
Expertise

, ,

Client

CommUnityCare Health Centers

Timeline

12 weeks

Challenge

CommUnityCare Health Centers had a relatively new site, but its identity and functionality needs were not being met. They needed a new site built specifically for their organization’s needs.

How might we design a site that reflects CommUnityCare’s identity and puts patients first?

Scope

Our overhaul of the site with the client’s requirements took place in two phases. The first phase covered the initial design and styling of the site. The second included adding a provider directory and clinic locations.

Constraints

The site needed to adhere to CommUnityCare branding guidelines, could handle all the information on the original site while still allowing for further expansion.

Implementation

The site was built on a WordPress CMS and using Kadence with Gutenberg to allow for flexible and user-friendly addition of new content.

Our Goal

CommUnityCare’s ultimate goal was to increase their number of patients and increase their donations and visibility.

Our Solution

Our plan was to create a website built for CommUnityCare’s specific needs, while being flexible and user-friendly enough for their team to configure and add content on their own.

Design and develop modular blocks for the Gutenberg page editor, allowing users to quickly place pre-configured blocks into desired layouts.

Results

We created a modular site with reconstructed information architecture so patient would be able to more easily find the right healthcare provider. This included locations and a provider directory with a localized search feature.

Our Process

Understand

We initially met with stakeholders to ask about their current needs and wants for a site of their own.

We learned:

  • The site needed to be mobile first for users without access to a desktop computer.
  • Stakeholders wanted styling to reflect a younger and more diverse group of patients.
  • Navigation needed thoughtful organization without overloading the main navigation bar.
  • Accessibility was key to diversifying patient outreach.

Initial Designs

We jumped into our initial designs. Stakeholders wanted to see more photo imagery that represented their target audience while displayed in an eye-catching way.

Style and Component Guide

While building, we created a style guide and a library of components both for easy handoff to developers and for the client to reference when adding new content.

Finalized design

We made a few iterations to the designs based on stakeholder feedback.

  • Made slight information structural changes to the footer to compress the height
  • Increased clarity on functionality of accordions

Development

During development, we created a custom stable framework for the megamenu. Accordion toggle icons were changed from plus/minus signs to up/down carats upon client request.