Why work at Standard Beagle?
We hire candidates that not only have top notch skills, but also embody our values. And we also hire folks who want to grow and learn.
Want to work with us but don’t see the position you want? Send us your resume. We’ll hold onto it and consider it when we do have an opening!
Location: Austin, Texas
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Sales executives at Standard Beagle have the opportunity to not only drive business growth and earn commission, but also help define best practices and grow a budding sales team.
Sales executives lead our outbound sales efforts. They use a variety of methods for prospecting and sales, both digitally and in person. Our sales efforts rely on developing awareness and trust with prospective clients that will lead to long-term relationships with our customers.
A sales executive’s time will be divided between researching prospecting, scheduling outbound outreach, using social media to request one-to-ones, attending networking events, and following up with phone and Zoom calls. Sales executives are scrappy and always learning. They refine their methods and try new tools. They are excited to meet people and want to be a trusted consultant for their contacts.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- 1st Day: You’ve had a great first day, met your manager and a couple of your peers who’ve welcomed you to the company and answered any burning questions you have. You also have a nice new computer setup.
- 1st Week: You have a good feeling for our processes and jumped into team meetings to see us in action. You’re integrated into the practices and understand how you’re a critical part of that.
- 1st Month: You’ve created a cookbook and are already hard at work executing on it. Your teammates are fantastic practitioners and excited to share their knowledge with you so you can be a better contact for prospects.
- 1st Quarter: You feel comfortable with the processes and are consistently filling the pipeline with valuable leads. You have qualified prospects and sold at least one new engagement with several more in the works. You set goals aligned to your career and development interests. You have the support and resources at hand to go on that journey.
- 1st Year: You’ve succeeded in meeting your goals and helped the company achieve its revenue goals. You’re consistently setting appointments and keeping the pipeline full with qualified leads. You’ve become an active member of our diverse team.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your strengths, but you can expect a variety of assignments that are similar to:
- Be a crucial member of a team dedicated to helping a single customer achieve their goals. design and build custom applications to delight users!
- Collaborate daily with the team and stakeholders to solve complex problems in uncertain environments using a combination of their domain knowledge and your skills in sales and outreach. Coach clients on our approach all along the way!
- Collaborate with the production team to uncover methods to meet the needs of prospective clients.
- Learn new skills and grow in your own career while contributing learnings back to others in our product design practice so we can all grow and thrive together.
****This position performs best when the designer is based in Austin, Texas in order to collaborate in person occasionally with clients and team members. This position must be a US citizen and all applicants’ citizen status will be verified.****
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
We believe in a collaborative team focused on achieving our clients’ goals. Our leadership strives to create a healthy environment for you to do your best work, and will empower you to work directly with your team and clients to deliver.
Your manager will be experienced in consultative sales. They will support your growth through training, mentorship, and stretch opportunities. You should expect regular 1:1 meetings with your manager that are focused on project support and career planning.
We are passionate about building valuable software and software teams set up for long term success. We strive to leave every client team better than we found it and love collaborating along this exciting journey. We have a bias towards action and love to test ideas so we can learn and improve. We have learned that being empathetic, inclusive, and kind empowers people to achieve greatness. We look forward to welcoming new team members!
Where is this role located?
Your employment will be based out of Austin, TX. This position does not require daily on-site work from our office, but does require frequent visits because we believe that the fastest way to build authentic relationships is in person. Our roles require us to work well with new teammates on many types of engagements. We navigate large customer organizations, facilitate team building and work towards shared goals. We’ve found that we can do this remotely, but it is faster when we are co-located.
What is this job type?
- Full-time (30-40 hours per week)
- Hourly (from $15 per hour depending on experience) + Commission
- Contract to hire (this roles starts with a temporary contract that will be evaluated in 30-60 days to become a permanent employee)
What are the benefits and perks of working at Standard Beagle?
You will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Full time, permanent employees receive:
- Major medical health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
How to apply:
If that sounds like a good fit for you, fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Standard Beagle Studio:
Standard Beagle Studio is a user experience design and development agency, headquartered in Austin, TX. We work with clients across the U.S. who want to improve the experience of the people who use their technology. We believe strongly in a culture that empowers our team members to be their best, so they can love what they do and exceed our clients’ expectations. Standard Beagle’s guiding values are the root of our culture:
- Dogged Curiosity
- Imagination & Creativity
- Empathetic Listening
- Quietly Confident
- Do the Right Thing
Visit standardbeagle.com/about to learn more.