Why work at Standard Beagle?
The most important part of any business is culture. Standard Beagle strives at being a fun place to work, while honoring the drive and creativity of its employees to build some really good stuff.
Think you’re a good fit? Let’s talk.
Location: Remote / Austin-headquarters
Standard Beagle is hiring a web developer to join our dynamic, user experience team. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment on a variety of different open-source technology projects. The right candidate will have strong communication skills and enjoy a vibrant work environment.
Web Developer responsibilities:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices, and is familiar with writing accessible HTML
- Work closely with project managers and other members of the Standard Beagle team to both develop detailed specification
- Documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Produce project estimates and timelines during sales process, including expertise required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development
- Proven working experience in web development
- HTML, CSS, SASS
- WordPress theme and plugin development a plus, especially with the Genesis framework.
- Experience with a front end framework like React, or Ember.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel a plus.
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing software projects.
Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization and accessibility.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications.
This position is remote, and fully US-based. Candidates who are based in the greater Austin area are preferred.
Standard Beagle does not sponsor visas.
How to apply:
If that sounds like a good fit for you, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you.
About Standard Beagle Studio:
Standard Beagle Studio is a user experience design and development agency, headquartered in Austin, TX. We work with clients across the U.S. who want to improve the experience of the people who use their technology. We believe strongly in a culture that empowers our team members to be their best, so they can love what they do and exceed our clients’ expectations. Standard Beagle’s guiding values are the root of our culture:
- Dogged Curiosity
- Imagination & Creativity
- Empathetic Listening
- Quietly Confident
- Do the Right Thing
Visit our about page to learn more.
To apply, fill out the form below:
Standard Beagle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a co-located agile design and development environment. If you’re already in Austin or planning to move here, we’d love to talk with you.