This week Cindy and Sally sat down with Nicole Golden, a parent activist that works on behalf of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. The group was founded in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting in 2012. The group is a national organization that has partnered with The Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition and now falls under the the umbrella of Everytown for Gun Safety.
- Organization does support 2nd amendment; just want common sense policies
- Texas upcoming 85th legislative session – biggest threat is the proposed permit-less carry bill has been filed by Representative Stickland.
- 85% of Texas support background checks for gun purchases.
- Lobby day January 17th from 9am to noon. The event will include a large rally on the capital grounds in Austin then breakout to visit legislative offices.
- Volunteer opportunities – making welcome calls to new members, joining the lobby day planning team, data processing, train to be a “BeSMART” presenter, writing letters to the editor,and hosting open-houses for community members
- How to have the conversation with friends and people your children will be around
If you would like more information about the upcoming Lobby Day please go to their event page.
Also published on Medium.