Update August 29, 2017: This position is now closed. Thanks for your interest!
Standard Beagle is seeking a marketing intern for the fall semester. This role is perfect for you if you want to:
- Have real responsibility;
- Build an enviable resume and portfolio that puts you ahead of other job seekers;
- Work directly with a small agency team and make an real impact.
By the end of your internship you will have real world experience writing and posting blogs and website content using a content management system, creating and implementing social media campaigns, creating and implementing email newsletters using an email automation system, managing a contact list and much more.
You gain this experience by helping our marketing coordinator plan, write, and distribute the company newsletter, manage and update the customer databases, update the website, perform various corporate communications assignments, and much more.
You must be able to operate relatively independently, exercise discretionary judgment, and make recommendations on new methods and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post new content to company website and work to improve website SEO
- Execute social media effort to drive website traffic
- Proof, write/edit, publish and distribute the articles, blogs, and the monthly newsletters
- Plan and coordinate seminars/events
- Coordinate special promotions and company’s involvement with events
- Maintain company databases on an ongoing basis
- Create marketing materials
- Assist in the distribution of information to support pipeline development
- Prepare and manages editorial calendar
- Develop and produce press releases and case studies
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Own phone and computer – ideally computer is PC instead of Mac
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint), Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiar with all social media outlets (Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, YouTube, SlideShare, LinkedIn, etc.)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate writing and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills
- Need to be able to work from our Austin office
- Strong attention to detail
- Copywriting and PR experience a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Must be able to work in a fast-changing company environment. Significant stress may occur at times due to frequent interruptions and dynamic environment, shifting priorities, schedules and demands. Individual must thrive in flexible working environment. Must be available for 15-20 hours/week and meeting with supervisor weekly.
For credit only.
Interested? Apply below:
Also published on Medium.