Picking a design agency for your website or digital marketing project can be daunting, especially in cities that are saturated with talent and design firms. When you’re picking an agency, consider the following 5 quick tips to help make the process easier for you.
- Experience– Do they have a great portfolio? How does their own website look? How are they portraying themselves to the world? If they have an outdated site, chances are, your site might be too. They should also have experience in the more well-used content management system (CMS) tools, such as popular WordPress, Drupal, and Magento.
- Attitude & Listening Skills– A good agency should be client focused. Your user experience starts at the level of first contact with the agency. Their attitude should be helpful and professional, never snarky and condescending. You should feel comfortable enough to ask questions about your website and how to maintain it.
- Marketing Minded– The agency should design and develop around good marketing principals. A great design is necessary, but relevant content and opt-ins should be accounted for as well.
- Creative– They should be knowledgeable on current design trends for your industry. They should be able to contribute to the design process, as needed, to make the site look better or more current for industry standards.
- Price– If the price is too low, that should be a red flag that the work is getting outsourced, probably overseas. Obviously, I am speaking in general terms; there are always purple unicorns.
Picking a good design agency can be fun and exciting. Happy hunting from our team at Standard Beagle.