Update August 29, 2017: This position is now closed. Thanks for your interest!
We’re looking for a developer to join our team in an on-site full-time contract to hire position. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment on a variety of different technology projects.
Who this role is for
This is a great opportunity to work on site in Austin, TX with a small team and develop a wide-ranging and diverse portfolio of skills and experience. We pride ourselves in developing solutions that best fit the needs and goals of our clients — not just what we’ve done in the past or a product line that’s convenient.
In our small team, we value initiative, collaboration and teamwork. Staff members have a key role in nearly every project, and there’s always something new to learn and challenge ourselves. If you’re looking for a dynamic role where you will be able to work with more than just a small piece of a project, this position is for you.
Who this role is not for
- If you’re comfortable and don’t want to learn more or stretch your skills, this role is not for you.
- If you have an ego and don’t like working with other people, this role is not for you.
- If you prefer being a small cog in a giant machine, this role is not for you.
- If you love corporate politics and backstabbing, this role is not for you.
- If you’re not a fan of honesty, integrity and customer service, this role is not for you.
- If you only want to work remotely and never collaborate, this role is not for you.
Sound like you might be a good fit? Here’s what this position is responsible for:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Work closely with project managers and other members of the Standard Beagle team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development.
- Be current on industry trends and technologies
- Attend training to remain up to date on industry technology
- Improve coding skills through training projects and mentorship
- Respond to client needs quickly as directed by PM
- Proven working experience in web development
- Strong problem solving skills and experience with design thinking
- Strong understanding of web technologies and web application architecture
- Experience with a front end framework like React, Vue or Angular
- Experience with a modern front end build process like Webpack, or Gulp
- Experience with a backend framework like Flask, .NET MVC, Express, or Laravel
- Continuous integration and testing frameworks
- Understanding of database technologies and where to deploy them
- Willingness to use and learn multiple technologies to solve a diverse set of problems
- Experience developing and implementing software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications.
- The right candidate will have strong communication skills, as constant communication on our small team is a must.
Experience with WordPress theming
Experience with mobile application development in iOS or Android
Benefits: Eligible employees who work at least 30 hours per week have 5 days PTO, 8 paid holidays, and have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) plan, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, workers compensation, and supplemental benefits.
Compensation: Negotiable up to a total package of $60,000 per year.
Other details you need to know: Relocation will not be covered. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter below.
Also published on Medium.